Sunday 5 May 2013

Barry M Nail Art Pen

Hey Girls,
Apologies again for neglecting my blog...been super busy! I've literally spent at least 16 hours in the library within the past 4 days and that doesn't count studying time at home! Obviously with all this study it means I have to treat myself the odd time...so I did! And what better way than buying one of the new Barry M nail art pens. I was really excited to try these to see if they were worth the hype.

They retail at about €7.50 each, which is a little bit steep but I had to try one...and I'm glad I did. It's really fun messing around with these and experimenting with new styles. It's also really easy to use. As you can see from the photo below I tried to recreate a zebra print using Barry M 'Matt White' as a base coat. Super easy to do and literally takes a second. I put a top coat of gloss over it (I used Catrice High Shine), because I found after wearing this for awhile the nail art actually starts rubbing away, and the gloss gives it a good shine. 
Overall the product is good and lives up to the hype like all Barry M products. Unfortunately trying to do nail art with the hand you don't write with is a little bit tough...but do-able! It is a bit pricey, but it's a relatively new concept and I'll probably end up buying the other shades to mix it up.
Pro's: quick drying, no smudges, ability to create professional designs over and over again
Con's: Begins to fade really quickly, hard to use unless your completely ambidextrous 
Barry M nail art pen, Catrice High Shine Gloss,
Barry M 'Matt White' base coat

Have you girls tried these nail art pens? What's your opinion? Any other products like this you would recommend?
Thanks for reading guys!


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They actually are really easy to use. I heard bad things about the Model Own nail art pens, that they were to messy to make a god design but these are the complete opposite!

      Delete
  2. Hi Dawn, Mani looks great! I love the Barry M polishes! I am a new fellow irish follower, please check out my blog if you get a chance xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm following you back now :) xx

      Delete

I read each comment and will try to respond to everyone! I love feedback and it's always helpful to make my blog that little bit better!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog
Dawn xXx